Position: Finance Assistant
Department: Administration / Finance
Supervisor: Associate Director and CFO
Status: NON-EXEMPT; P/T 14 hours per week.
The American Federation of Arts (AFA), the leader in traveling exhibitions internationally, is seeking a permanent part-time Finance Assistant. AFA is a non-profit organization founded in 1909 and is dedicated to enriching the public’s experience and understanding of the visual arts through organizing and touring art exhibitions for presentation in museums around the world, publishing exhibition catalogues featuring important scholarly research, and developing educational programs. More information about the AFA and its exhibitions and programs can be found at amfedarts.org.
This position is primarily responsible for assisting with accounting functions at the AFA.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform all day-to-day invoices processing and disbursements via check or wire transfer
· Receive purchase orders and invoices
· Process, code and enter invoices into Financial Edge
· Provide invoice and vendor aging report bi-weekly to CFO
· Maintain comprehensive Accounts Payable filing system
· Issue checks and wire transfers
· Perform all day-to-day billing, collections and accounts receivable functions
· Prepare daily cash report and monthly bank reconciliations
· Assist with month and year-end general ledger closings including preparation of adjusting journal entries
· Other related duties as assigned
· Accounting Major
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel and accounting systems; knowledge of Financial Edge a plus
· Excellent communication skills
Compensation: $20/hr for 14 hours/week
Remote work available To apply, send cover letter and resume by October 6, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org