Chief of Staff
General Duties and Responsibilities
• Act as the liaison between the AFA CEO, Director, trustees, staff, clients, artists, and patrons.
• Draft and edit communications for the implementation of educational and professional programs for national and international arts communities.
• Coordinate research on resources required to build arts education events and programs administered by the AFA and its museum collaborators.
• Review and edit grant proposals for exhibitions and educational projects.
• Candidates must have at least a Master’s degree in Art History, Visual Arts Administration, or a related field, or equivalent as determined by a qualified credentials evaluation service and at least two years of professional experience working in executive administration within an organization in the art industry.
• Must have at least two years of experience liaising with board members, coordinating board meetings, and supporting functions for major corporate and curatorial projects.
• Must have at least two years of experience ensuring innovative and efficient operations in accordance with institutional practices and by-laws, and overseeing corporate governance mandates per the annual cycle. • Must have at least two years of experience contributing to the institutional framing and implementation of curatorial programming in collaboration with curators, donors, institutional leadership, and external stakeholders.
• Must be proficient in Raiser’s Edge, Visio, and Quickbooks.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The American Federation of Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The AFA does not discriminate because of age, sex, religion, race, color, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor prohibited by law. Qualified candidates of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. This description shall not be construed as a contract of any sort for a specific period of employment.